We appreciate you taking the time to visit our website to inquire about membership. It is our desire that you leave the site with knowledge of the many reasons why the physicians of Hawaii benefit from their membership with the Honolulu County Medical Society (HCMS). When you join the HCMS you also join the state chapter as well-the Hawaii Medical Association (HMA).
Your membership in the HMA/HCMS offers you many exciting benefits, including:
- DocBook, MD – phone application offering a HIPAA compliant communication information sharing system between member physicians. FREE for members.
- Physicians Exchange of Hawaii annual discount. The annual discount actually exceeds the HCMS portion of overall membership dues.
- Advocacy: Priceless, strong, effective political advocacy at the State Legislature to provide HMA members with a powerful voice for the enactment of just medical laws.
- Peer Review Program to protect your practice and your reputation.
- CME: 15 HMA-accredited programs offered statewide.
- Public Health education and community advocacy opportunities.
- Discounts at Hertz, Alamo, Outrigger Hotels, MBNA and more!
- Dental Plans: Option to participate in the HMA Dental Plan with HI Dental Services.
- HMA Directory of Physicians: Free listing in the annual edition of the HMA Directory.
- Hawaii Medical Journal: Free subscription to the Journal and HMA Newsletter.
- American Medical Association: Important representation at the national level.
We sincerely hope you consider membership. Our voice and strength as an Organization can be made stronger with your participation. Feel free to give our HCMS Executive Director, Jessica Nichols a call at (808) 536-7702 ext. 108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss membership or simply complete the online application submit. Thank you again for visiting our site.
D. Scott McCaffrey, MD
HCMS Past President
Chair, HCMS Membership Committee